Monday, February 27, 2012

Choose to perceive the light

Well it has been quite a while... I have a hard time writing when I am not stable. My emotions have been so crazy the last month. It is sort of annoying actually. Oh well life is changing so much right now so I guess my crazy girl emotions will do the same.

"Sometimes the sun rises on a morning that is cloudy or foggy [and] perceiving the light is more difficult, and identifying the precise moment when the sun rises over the horizon is not possible. But on such a morning we nonetheless have sufficient light to recognize a new day and to conduct our affairs."

-Elder Bednar


It may be difficult to recognize answers to our prayers or blessings in our life. The adversary will use all means to distract us during the times of God's greatest work in our lives. We will be bombarded with trials, temptations and anything else Satan can use to draw our attention away from God's mercy and kindness into sadness and despair. I have even seen how Satan can disguise blessings and answers with pessimism and negativeness. Examples of this can be found in several scripture stories and church history. I must remember during difficult times to search for the blessings and answers God is granting me. They are surely there and will be during the seemingly most trying times of life.

Pray. Ponder. Study. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment