Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Recognize your success & Follow it up with a great shot!

ohhh boyyy. It sure has been a long time since I have posted. The last week or so has been interesting to say the least. I got in a little bit of a slump. But I refused to stay in it. I popped in and out of it quite a bit, on a daily basis, actually, more like an hour to hour basis. Satan really tried super hard to knock me down. But I have not allowed him to win and will not. My hope was never lost- my strength just seemed to leave a little. My mind felt tired. But the Savior has made up where I could not keep going. I will slowly but surely work my way up to a spiritual point I have never reached before. This is how all my hard times go. A great experience almost always follows.

My plan of attack for the next little while is to recognize what I am doing that is good in my life verses recognizing and focusing on all the things that I'm not doing exactly right. I have learned this concept in many different experiences. For example, in a round of golf there is no possible way you are going to hit every single shot perfectly. You are sure to have several that don't go exactly as you would like and even a few that are absolutely horrible. Hitting each shot perfectly does not make a great golfer- it is the kind of shot(s) that come after a bad one that make a good golfer or bad golfer. If you focus on your horrible shot and beat yourself up about your mistake you are bound to hit several more that are similar. If you can be positive, recognize your abilities to continue in success you will more than likely be able to follow up your mishit with a great shot. This gives confidence which will result in your best possible performance. As goes for life. There is no way possible we can go through this life without making a mistake or feeling down about something. Heavenly Father knows that. If we can follow up a poor choice with a great one or a negative feeling with a positive one we will be able to continue our life in confidence. Confidence in ourselves, Jesus Christ's atonement, God and even those around us.

I feel this is a lesson I have been learning for quite some time and will continue to learn. I desire to get it on the scale of moments. If I have a negative feeling or poor decision I hope one day I will be able to improve the following moment with a positive feeling or decision.

Life is beautiful and wonderful. The plan of salvation brings great hope for the future. Faith in the atonement makes this hope possible. I am so grateful. I am grateful to learn. I am grateful for this life. I am grateful for my AMAZING, supportive, loving, UNDERSTANDING family. They truly are absolutely wonderful. I am so grateful for them. Oh I just love them so much I wish there were more appropriate words to explain the way I feel about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment