Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Never ending love

I feel my intentions in life are good. I desire to be living in a way that is pleasing to Heavenly Father. I have recognized through my study this morning that my thought process on how to improve is not quite right. It goes along a little with my post from yesterday. I studied the chapter in Preach my Gospel about charity and love.

"And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."
                                                                           (footnote- ... for charity preventeth a multitude of sins.)
                        -1 Peter 4:8

I need to develop this pure love of Christ. This will take much dedicated thought and of course special attention to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Charity envieth not. This is one major area of charity in which I struggle. I used to DWELL on others talents and beauty and be super jealous. I have been working on this flaw having some improvement. I do not so much dwell anymore and am able to overcome the thoughts faster but I think I know how I am going to ride myself of any type of jealous thought. I am going to fill myself with love for everyone that I am joyous instead of jealous of their beauties, talents and strengths. I used to try and overcome this flaw by trying to recognize all the good within myself thinking "Yes they might be this way or that way but I have this or that going for me". Not the best way to go about it. Now that have actually written this out I realize how horrible of a thought process it is and I am ashamed I have thought this way. But that is the glorious part of the gospel because God loves us we are able to recognize our weaknesses and make them into strengths through the atonement. So I will turn this weakness to a strength. I will celebrate everyone's strengths and wish the best for everyone. This does not mean I cannot desire the to obtain the strengths and attributes of others because I strongly believe we can learn so much from others. We develop by noticing others strengths and how to build them in our own lives but it must be done in a righteous way.

This post is kind of scattered. Honestly all this is quite scattered in my brain. Thoughts that I will continue to nourish that these truths I have learned through the Holy Ghost this morning  may enter into my heart and mind creating an honest change in my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment