Monday, January 16, 2012

Living by your personal knowledge and understanding

"That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thansgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."
                                       -Alma 34:38

I have been more receptive to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Still by no means perfect but I am improving. It is a wonderful feeling. I am filled with much more peace, hope and joy. I have more love and understanding in my heart. I am able to recognize prideful thoughts and then pray for humility.

Integrity: how a person acts in accordance to their knowledge and understanding of right and wrong. Am I a person of integrity? I feel I try but I could do much better. It is becoming easier to do as I am more sensitive to promptings. I am also gaining more knowledge of where there is needed improvement in several areas of my life. So exciting!

I am so grateful I am able to recognize my shortcomings, pray for humility and then with my efforts and Christ's atonement come closer to God by aligning my will with His. Where there are great blessings such as these there comes great responsibility! I must be more honest with myself and not allow Satan's justifications to enter my mind. As a person of integrity I need to be honest with myself in how I am really doing- and not by the world's standards or really anyone's standards except for the ones that God and I have set up together. I know as I strive to do this God will bless me with more direction for improvement in all areas of my life.

The scripture I wrote above is one that encompasses integrity. I greatly desire to acquire this attribute by being a person of integrity in relation to God, my fellow man and to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment